Making a good first impression with an open house is a great way to impress buyers and get your home sold quickly. The following are a few helpful tips for successfully staging an open house to sell your home.
- Clean your home: People want to imagine their new home as clean. Make sure to tidy things up including the kitchen, bathrooms, bedroom, etc. Consider hiring a professional cleaning service.
- Declutter your home: Get rid of anything that adds clutter or will distract potential buyers from your home.
- Remove persona items: Removing picture frames, family memorabilia, and other personal affects will help your potential buyers envision themselves living in the home. This will be hard to do with your pictures up everywhere.
- Make necessary repairs: Fixing damaged items and repainting the house in some neutral colors can go a long way with buyers. This can also help speed up the selling process.
- Get rid of excess furniture: Wherever possible, get rid or sell any excess furniture to make the home feel more spacious.
Thinking of selling your home? Contact Stephen White to get more tips to help sell your home successfully.